After the homogeneous mixing in of steam in a conditioner the product remains, during a preset length of time, in this heated and insulated Retention Rime Barrel (RTB). After the retention time barrel the product can be further treated in a pellet mill, extruder or meal cooler. The thermal treatment of the product results in an easier operation of the pellet mill, which simultaneously results in an improved pellet quality.
Benefits of the Retention Time Barrel (RTB)
- Guaranteed first-in/first-out of the mixture in the retention time barrel
- Up to 15% increase of pelleting capacity, due to higher temperature and improved absorption of steam
- Product is kept at required temperature
- Minimal formation of condensation
- Reduced growth of bacteria
- Easy to clean
- Simple design
- All components that come into contact with the product are from AISI 304.
- Solid shaft with large flight and inclined pitch
- Stuffing box sealings on shaft
- Belt-driven by gear motor, suitable for frequency control. Frequency converter not included
- Timing belt transmission
- Large inspection doors with safety switch
- Temperature sensor PT 100
- Insulated with rock-wool
- Electric heating system with adjustable thermostat 30-110 °C.
Also see the working principle of our expander.